Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development (ADDED) respects the privacy of its website users and highly values their trust in ADDED’s website. In this privacy statement, we explain how we collect, use, disclose, and protect your information when you visit ADDED website. The policy, however, might change at any time and for any reason.
ADDED recognises the value of Information, information systems, and our statutory obligations to protect them against corruption or loss. Therefore, ADDED is committed towards securing the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information for the day-to-day business and technical operations. ADDED has taken several steps to safeguard the integrity of its data and prevent any unauthorised access to the information it maintains, including but not limited to auditing, authentication, encryption, and monitoring. Subsequently, ADDED ensures the privacy of the entity, customers, stakeholders, partners, and employees’ information by protecting it against any unauthorised access, disclosure, and loss. The policy of ADDED is to prohibit any unauthorised access, disclosure, duplication, modification, diversion, or act of destruction, loss, misuse, and theft of this information. In addition, the ADDED’s policy requires protection of the information belonging to external parties that has been entrusted to ADDED in a manner consistent with its sensitivity, and in accordance with all agreements in place.
In support of the above, ADDED adheres to the following principles:
1. Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information, information systems, and its supporting infrastructure.
2. Take the necessary actions to ensure that suitable controls and resources are in place to fulfil the established information security objectives and all applicable requirements.
3. Maintain effective Information Security Management System (ISMS) through the implementation of the appropriate policies, procedures, and controls.
4. Ensure that these policies, procedures, and supporting documentation shall be subject to ongoing and adequate reviewing and development in order to ensure continual improvement.
5. Ensure the integration of the information security requirements into ADDED’s business processes.
6. Promote awareness amongst internal and external parties by sharing knowledge and responsibility.
7. Ensure compliance with all of the UAE government laws and regulatory requirements.
When you browse, read, or download information from this website, we automatically gather and store certain information about your visit, only for statistical purposes. This covers the following:
• Your IP address and geolocation to identify the country you are accessing from.
• Personal identifying information such as name and contact details (if voluntarily provided).
• The name of the Top-Level Domain (TLD) from which you accessed the Internet (example: .ae, .com).
• The type of browser you use.
• The date and time you accessed the website.
• The pages you accessed.
• The documents you have downloaded.
• The previous internet address from which you directed to the website.
We do not sell, exchange, or otherwise distribute the data collected for commercial or marketing purposes.
We, regularly, conduct online customer surveys via ADDED website to get your feedback. The participation in those surveys is optional. We use the survey data for research, and to improve our services.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
You may browse and access information exhibited on ADDED’s website without providing any personal information (information that may totally disclose your identity or can be used to disclose it in some manner). If you, voluntarily, provide personal information (e.g. for yourself to be granted access privileges to ADDED website, for your account on it, or through contact forms), ADDED may share information with other government entities in the UAE. If necessary, the information shall be saved and logged on our servers for the purpose of logging and tracking service. We shall not use your personal information except to inform you on the status of your service transactions and/or to assess your input to improve the content on ADDED website. ADDED will not sell, exchange, or otherwise distribute the collected data for commercial or marketing purposes.
ADDED’s Website uses “Persistent Cookies” for any personalised content. Personalised content is the content from the website that is delivered to a browser after a user has logged in once. Persistent Cookies are text files or entries in larger files utilised to recognise visitors of a website and to track information during multiple visits to a website.
• Help you navigate the website.
• Facilitate the sign-up and sign-in process for our services.
• Personalise your experience on our website.
• Improve our website.
• External Links.
Links to Other Websites
Some links on ADDED’s website lead to websites that are not operated by the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development. ADDED is not responsible for these websites, nor does it review or control their content. The Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development provides these links to users for convenience only. These links are not an endorsement of products, services, or information and do not imply an association between the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development and the operators of the linked website. When you select a link to an external website, you are subject to the terms and conditions of the owner/sponsors of that external website.