The Abu Dhabi Business Center (ADBC) was established in March 2013 to provide an ideal business environment that contributes to making the emirate of Abu Dhabi an important centre in the region and an effective and smart point of contact between investors and government agencies. ADBC is a reliable governmental establishment that allows investors and businessmen to obtain all approvals and services related to economic licensing. The Centre plays a vital role in consolidating the pillars of the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030. The vision is concerned with developing an ideal business environment that makes the emirate of Abu Dhabi the preferred destination for businesses in the region by adopting projects and initiatives that meet the aspirations of businessmen and investors on the one hand and improving the emirate's position in the Doing Business Report of the World Bank on the other hand.
Objectives of the Abu Dhabi Business Center:
- Preparing plans and initiatives to organise procedures for licensing the conduct of economic activities in accordance with best practices and following up on their implementation.
- Introducing smart, time-saving, and cost-effective procedures for granting licenses for economic activities in coordination with all relevant authorities while maintaining data confidentiality.
- Holding and participating economic seminars and conferences to introduce and inform investors about aspects of conducting economic activities.
- Proposing new legislation for practising economic activities, reviewing them with the competent authorities, and providing the latest statistics and accurate data on the businesses that investors need in cooperation with other government agencies.
- Providing the most recent and accurate data about business opportunities that investors are looking for in cooperation with other government agencies.
- Efficiently facilitate business in Abu Dhabi and create a unique business environment that supports businesses and contributes to the emirate's sustainable economic growth.
- Establishing and operating a world-class organisation that delivers the full range of business facilitation services to clients in an efficient manner, facilitating clients' access to information and providing practical support across the business cycle.
- Supporting the Abu Dhabi Plan, which aims to improve the business environment in general, providing services and information to companies and improving company registration procedures.
- Providing customer-focused government services, including providing complete services electronically by the Abu Dhabi government.